Under the direction of the Accounting Manager, this position provides accounting and administrative tasks in support of La Posada's accounting department.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
General ledger maintenance.
- Post prepared general journal to general ledger.
- Assist with general journal preparation.
- Classify, record, and summarize numerical and financial data compiling; keeping financial records using journals and ledgers, spreadsheets and/or databases.
- Correspond with applicable supervisor if incomplete or incorrect.
•Compile statistical, financial, accounting, auditing reports and tables pertaining to such matters as cash receipts, expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, and profits and losses
•Access computerized financial information to answer general questions as well as those related to specific accounts.
•Perform and provide back-up preparation of bank deposits, verifying and balancing receipts, and sending cash, checks, or other forms of payment to banks.
•Receive cash and checks from residents; on campus businesses; employees
a. Prepare daily cash deposit
b. Maintain cash balance report
c. Record receipts
• Perform general office duties such as filing, answering telephones, handling routine correspondence and other duties as assigned.
•Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Communication, Verbal - Ability to communicate effectively and clearly, in a professional and friendly manner with all types of personalities.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Consensus Building - Ability to bring about group solidarity to achieve a goal.
- Accounting Aptitude - Ability to understand and explain economic and accounting information, prepare and manage budgets.
- Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Innovative - Ability to look beyond the standard solutions and implement new ones.
- Ethics & Integrity - Earns others' trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions.