A Health Aide works under the direct supervision of the Adult Day Services Administrator and assists the clients of the Adult Day Health Care Program with daily living activities as outlined in the treatment plan. Daily living activities may include but are not limited to ambulation, mobility, medication administration, eating, personal hygiene, housekeeping, toileting, social interactions and physical activities. Will communicate any changes noted in participants situation or condition to program administrator. Interact with participant's families following guidelines and protocol for the program.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Assist with personal care, such as toileting, oral care, applying lotion, ambulation or personal hygiene assistance
- Prepare and maintain records of client progress and services performed, reporting changes in client condition to administrator, or supervisor, or nurse, or caregiver.
- Communicate effectively and in a positive manner with participants, participant’s family members, staff and volunteers to enhance the well being of the participants and support the mission and goals of the program.
- Perform light housekeeping duties as needed to keep the facility clean and hazard free which might include cleaning, sweeping or mopping.
- Perform healthcare-related tasks, such as monitoring vital signs and weights, under the direction of nurse.
- Take clients on trips outside the building assisting with transportation as needed.
- Instruct or advise clients on issues such as cleanliness, hygiene, nutrition, or care.
- Participate in case reviews, consulting with the team caring for the client, to evaluate the client's needs and plan for continuing services.
- Provide clients with communication assistance as needed.
*We strongly value diversity and believe in fostering an inclusive work environment where everyone feels respected, valued, and supported. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds and cultures to join our team. We embrace the unique perspectives and experiences that each person brings, as it enhances our creativity, teamwork, and overall success.*