Come Join Our Dynamic Team!
Are you motivated by making a difference in the lives of the people you serve? Do you value quality relationships, excellent customer service and integrity? If so, we want to meet you! La Posada is looking for a full time, Baker to join our dynamic Dining department.
Why is La Posada the right place to expand your career?
- Excellent work/life balance
- Guaranteed 32 hours a week
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) with company match
- Excellent health insurance
- Mileage incentive program if you live over 15 miles away
- Beautiful campus with free on-site fitness center
- 50% discount at Los Niños del Valle pre-school
This dynamic person is responsible for:
- Baking and assembling desserts, confections, ice creams, breads, bakeries and cakes in accordance with daily needs, catering functions and weekly menu needs following established procedures, guidelines and recipes.
- Measure and mix ingredients to form dough or batter, following recipes.
- Roll, cut, and shape dough to form rolls, pie crusts, tarts, cookies, and related products.
- Cut, peel, and prepare fruit for pie fillings.
- Place dough in pans, molds, or on sheets and bake in oven.
- Observe and monitor baking process to identify needed adjustments.
- Tests baked goods and pastries by taste, quality and smell.
- Mix icings and other toppings and decorate cakes, pastries, and other baked goods.
- Check production schedule to determine variety and quantity of goods to bake.
- Use a variety of kitchen tools, including electric mixers, pans, rolling pins, and cutting tools.
- Operates, cleans, sanitizes, and maintains kitchen equipment used in bakery production.
- Maintains work and storage areas including but not limited to walls, ceilings, floors, and other structures.
- Maintains written records of usage and inventory and production as required.
- Maintain various log books as necessary.
- Monitors food costs as pertaining to baked goods and pastries.
- Aids in product transportation and distribution as directed and required.
- Follow all safety guidelines in regard to food and physical safety.
- May develop new recipes.
- Attend weekly departmental staff meetings and other related meetings and in-services as required.
- Ensures the presentation and flavors of all desserts, confections, ice creams, breads, bakeries and cakes meets or exceeds La Posada standards.
- Respond to general questions from staff and residents.
- Provide stellar customer service that meets or exceeds the expectations of external and internal customers.
- Respond to emergencies providing help requested.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable polices, procedures and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Other duties as directed. If you believe you would be a good fit for this position and you live by the values of integrity, compassion, and respect for seniors and co-workers, then you may be the candidate we’re looking for!
Apply today to start your new adventure!