A Caregiver works under the direct supervision of the Administrator and assists participants of the Adult Day Services Program with daily living activities as outlined in their treatment plan. Daily living activities may include but are not limited to ambulation, mobility, eating, personal hygiene, housekeeping, toileting, social interactions and physical activities. The caregiver will communicate any changes noted in participants' situation or condition to program manager, Nurse or Administrator, interacts with participant's families following guidelines and protocol for the program.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Assist with personal care, such as toileting, applying lotion, ambulation or personal hygiene assistance.
- Prepare and maintain records of participants’ progress and services performed, reporting changes in participant condition to Administrator or Nurse.
- Communicate effectively and in a positive manner with participants, participants' family members, staff and volunteers to enhance the well-being of the participants and support the mission and goals of the program.
- Perform light housekeeping duties as needed to keep the facility clean and hazard free which might include cleaning, sweeping or mopping.
- Perform healthcare-related tasks, such as monitoring vital signs and weights, under the direction of a nurse.
- Take participants on trips outside the building assisting with transportation as needed.
- Instructor advise participants on issues such as cleanliness, hygiene, nutrition, or care.
- Participate in case reviews, consulting with the team caring for the participant, to evaluate the participant's needs and plan for continuing services.
- Provide participants with communication assistance as needed.
- Assist with meals and snacks, monitor food and fluid intake, provide feeding assistance as warranted or instructed and support and encourage participants to eat.
- Assist participants with ambulation and mobility as needed and provide stand by assistance to ensure safety.
- Assist participants with transfer to and from wheelchairs in the restroom and other areas of the building as needed.
- Work in collaboration with volunteers to effectively deliver service.
- Monitor participant's behavior, activities and overall well-being.
- Lead exercise programs per direction from Activities Specialist for participants and assist those unable to perform exercises independently.
- Assist participants with activities that are part of their treatment plan.
Expected Skill Set Includes:
- The ability to communicate effectively within a team environment
- Time Management and punctuality
- The ability to work independently without constant supervision
- Current first aid and CPR certification or ability to obtain
- Arizona Caregiver Certification preferred
- Valid fingerprint clearance card or ability to obtain
- Valid driver’s license
- High School graduate or equivalent
Why is La Posada the right place to expand your career?
- Paid Time Off
- 401K with company match
- Excellent health insurance
- Mileage incentive program if you live over 15 miles away
- Beautiful campus with free on-site fitness center
- 50% discount at Los Niños del Valle Preschool
- Scholarship Program