Are you passionate about cooking? Come Join Our Dynamic Team!
Are you looking for a way to advance your Cook career? Are you motivated by making a difference in the lives of the people you serve? Do you value team work, quality relationships, excellent customer service and integrity? If so, we want to meet you! La Posada is looking for Cooks for various shifts for our five dining venues here at La Posada
Why is La Posada the right place to expand your career?
- Excellent work/life balance
- Starting $16 an hour
- Better hours (Dinner shifts end at 8:00 pm and Sunday shifts end at 4:30 pm)
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) with company match
- Excellent health insurance
- Mileage incentive program if you live over 15 miles away
- Scholarship program. Up to $2,500 per year after 6 months of service plus yearly opportunity for additional scholarship awards.
- Employee referral program with bonuses from $175 - $1,050
- Beautiful campus with free on-site fitness center
- 50% discount at Los Niños del Valle pre-school
This dynamic person must have the following skills:
- Responsible for the daily preparation, serving, and presentation of food items in accordance with daily needs, catering functions and weekly menu needs following established procedures, guidelines and recipes.
- Monitor all food products and plates put out of the kitchens including the salad bar and catered functions to ensure food preparation, appearance, quality and presentation meets La Posada and professional standards and have an appealing appearance and is delivered on a timely basis.
- Ensures the presentation and flavors of all cooked items meets or exceeds La Posada standards.
- Knowledge of food safety/sanitation standards.
- One-year experience in production cooking in a high-volume restaurant setting as a full-service Cook or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Knowledge of high-quality production cooking in a high-volume restaurant setting.
- Ability to follow written recipes in English as well as writing and following prep lists.
- Understanding of kitchen weights and measures for recipe production.
- Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
- Professional and Courteous Communication - Ability to communicate professionally and courteously with residents, patients, guests, and family members.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
If you believe you would be a good fit for this position and you live by the values of integrity, compassion, and respect for seniors and co-workers, then you may be the candidate we’re looking for!
Apply today to start your new adventure!