Are you a leader who enjoys motivating others and bringing people together? Would you love maximizing the well-being of seniors every single day? If this sounds like you, we want to meet you! La Posada is looking for a creative and motivating Director of Dining Services who enjoys thrilling our residents with excellent dining experiences!
We are one of the premier retirement communities in the country, located at the base of the Santa Rita Mountains in Green Valley, AZ. Our campus is nestled among beautiful pecan groves on 125 acres. We pride ourselves on offering several different dining venues, including our fine dining option, The Continental.
As Director of Dining Services, the successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the operations of six dining rooms, five kitchens, and leading a team of 60+ team members. This leader will be hands-on with the team as well as residents and be visibly present in dining rooms during peak hours of operations.
Why is La Posada the right place to expand your career?
- Reputation for an exceptional dining services program
- Excellent work/life balance
- Competitive pay
- 401(k) with company match
- Excellent health insurance
- Mileage incentive program if you live over 15 miles away
- Beautiful campus with free on-site fitness center
This dynamic person must have the following skills:
- Provide leadership, development and coaching to the Dining Services team.
- Maintain excellent relationships with residents, staff and vendors as well as other departments.
- Work with the Executive Chef and management team in creating menus and providing top-quality food.
- Oversee all budgeting pertaining to Dining Services.
- Oversees contracts and relationships with vendors.
- Maintain professional communication with all staff, residents, family members and guests.
- Ensures staff are current with certifications for food handling and food safety.
- Develop tools and plan in-service meetings to ensure regular staff training.
- Responsible for timely and accurate documentation requirements including performance management and performance reviews, scheduling, invoice transmittals, licenses and certifications.
- Attend and address residents’ concerns raised in the Resident Council Dining Services Committee.
- Establish and maintain professional and positive relationships between front of the house and back of the house service teams through recognition projects, and appreciation events.
- Knowledgeable of job related federal, state, and local regulations.
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Oversee the catering function at La Posada.
- Assist as needed with the design, implementation and management of additional dining locations on all La Posada campuses.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Hospitality, Culinary or related degree or comparable work experience.
- Minimum of five years experience in leading a large, multi-dining venue.
- Experience overseeing high volume production and catering experience is essential.
- Previous experience managing a budget of at least $10M annually.
- Desire to learn and grow.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Financial and business acumen.
- Experience with point of sale systems preferred.