Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Perform duties as assigned in agency programs related to healthcare needs of clients.
• Provide consult on incidents and emergencies as needed.
• Attend agency and off campus professional development workshops, trainings and meetings as needed.
• Review agency's policies related to medications, medication monitoring and storage annually and as necessary for required regulatory or program changes.
• Assist with development, review and presentation of health-related agency education for staff.
Adult Day Services (ADS) Center:
• Oversee the health care needs of the program participants.
• Provide for the following as they relate to licensure regulations and the needs of the program participants
• Administer medications and any physician ordered treatment(s).
• Participate in initial health assessment(s) for new participants.
• Monitor participant's health status including monthly weight and vital sign checks.
• Prepare Comprehensive Assessment, initial Participant Care Plan and required care plan review(s).
• Document health care related charting.
• Facilitate infectious disease prevention and medical education for program staff.
• Provide input regarding referrals, on-going care and discharge.
• Contribute to quality of overall health care provided at agency-wide programs.
• Schedule and complete comprehensive assessment with caregiver.
• Review health status of each new program participant in-person by the participant's 10th visit or within 30 calendar days of enrollment, whichever comes first.
• Monitor participant's health status every six (^) months or when there is a significant change in the participant's condition. Review, revise and sign off on updated care plans.
• Provide consultation as necessary, related to health care needs or concerns of those attending the Center.
Los Niños Del Valle:
• Provide consultation, as requested by LNDV staff, related to health care needs or concerns (routine health/ checks/medication administration) of the children attending the Preschool/Childcare center.
• Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
• Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
• Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
• Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
• Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
• Patience - Ability to act calmly under stress and strain, and of not being hasty or impetuous.
• Demonstrated knowledge - of strategies for working with cognitive and physical impairments
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Registered nurse with current licensure in state of Arizona
Experience: Minimum of one year experience working with older adult population.
Computer Skills: Computer skills
Other Requirements: CPR and First Aid Training