Are you passionate about remodeling? Come Join Our Dynamic Team!
Are you looking for a way to advance your career? Are you motivated by making a difference in the lives of the people you serve? Do you value team work, quality relationships, excellent customer service and integrity? If so, we want to meet you! La Posada is looking for a full-time Remodel Maintenance Worker for various shifts for our five dining venues here at La Posada
Why is La Posada the right place to expand your career?
- Excellent work/life balance
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) with company match
- Excellent health insurance
- Mileage incentive program if you live over 15 miles away
- Scholarship program. Up to $2,500 per year after 6 months of service plus yearly opportunity for additional scholarship awards.
- Beautiful campus with free on-site fitness center
- 50% discount at Los Niños del Valle pre-school
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Participates in a range of construction, installation, maintenance and repair of occupied and empty properties remodel and turnover assigned locations including but not limited to carpentry, repairs, plumbing, electrical and drywall installation, repair and finishing;
- Demonstrates superior seamless customer service, integrity, and commitment to innovation, efficiency, and fiscally responsible
- Interpret blueprints and knowledge of building codes.
- Knowledge of the practices, methods, tools, materials, and equipment of the remodel trade.
- Ability to install, repair, texture and painting of drywall.
- Ability to remove, frame, and repair walls, cabinetry, and shelving.
- Ability to install kitchen cabinets, countertops, and to replace appliances and related plumbing and electrical.
- Ability to perform demolition following the instructions of the manager or lead and using appropriate tools for this process.
- Ability to install windows, doors/hardware, and interior and exterior trim
- Ability to repair walls, floors, cabinets, and ceilings from leaks or other damage.
- Responsible for documenting any work as required.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards of the remodel trade and necessary safety precautions.
- Perform assigned tasks with a minimum of supervision.
- Perform physical inventory of materials.
- This role requires the ability to work flexibly and deal constructively with unanticipated/variable situations including cooperative and not so cooperative residents and their varied home conditions. In common areas you must be able to work with other departments and to consider the schedules of others.
- Cleans work areas and equipment at the end of each job and/or day, to maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Push or pull cart loaded with equipment.
- Work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others.
- Continuing employment depends upon satisfactory progress. Employment may be terminated if a apprentice does not progress satisfactorily in either apprenticeship training or performance on the job.
- This position may require the performance of other essential and marginal functions depending upon work location, assignment or shift.
- All other duties as assigned
* Communication - Ability to communicate effectively with residents, staff and visitors.
* Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
* Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
* Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
* Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
* Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
* Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
* Applied Learning - Ability to participate in needed learning activities in a way that makes the most of the learning experience. Eagerness and willingness to learn and receive instruction.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
- Experience: * Have at least 3 years of related basic construction experience and possess basic mechanical skills/aptitude and ability to use basic tools or other applicable experience as deemed appropriate by Human Resources.
- Certifications & Licenses: * Must have or be able to obtain upon hire a current Arizona Driving License. Must have or be able to obtain upon hire a CPR/AED, First Aid Certification,
* We strongly value diversity and believe in fostering an inclusive work environment where everyone feels respected, valued, and supported. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds and cultures to join our team. We embrace the unique perspectives and experiences that each person brings, as it enhances our creativity, teamwork, and overall success. *