Days & Shifts: Varies
Come Join Our Dynamic Team!
Are you looking for a way to advance your career? Are you motivated by making a difference in the lives of the people you serve? Do you value quality relationships, excellent customer service and integrity? If so, we want to meet you! La Posada is looking for full-time, Security Guards to join our dynamic Security department.
Why is La Posada the right place to expand your career?
- Excellent work/life balance
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) with company match
- Mileage incentive program if you live over 15 miles away
- Employee referral program with bonuses from $175 - $1,050
- Scholarship program. Up to $2,500 per year after 6 months of service plus yearly opportunity for additional scholarship awards.
- Beautiful campus with free on-site fitness center
- 50% discount at Los Niños del Valle pre-school
This dynamic person must have the following skills:
- Patrols assigned buildings, grounds, and parking lots on foot or in vehicles to ensure resident and staff safety and well being, prevention and detection of fire, vandalism, safety/fire hazards, suspicious activity, unusual behavior and items in need of maintenance.
- Responds to alarms, dispatched calls and radio transmissions for both emergency and non-emergency situations; decides what actions to take or assistance to provide based on situation, facts known and position limitations.
- Administers basic first aid, CPR or AED as first responder in an emergency situation based on training, facts known and position limitations until medical or other emergency personnel arrive.
- Investigates and reports on hazards, property damage, unusual or suspicious circumstances or incidents, safety and health issues, and other matters as assigned or advised. Resulting initial reports may be verbal in nature and then when appropriate, followed up in writing on the designated form(s). These reports are to be timely, accurate, complete and comprehensible. They are to be forwarded to the proper persons following established protocol for dissemination of information for notification, direction, and correction or follow-up actions.
- Accurately completes log entries of activities and actions during shift.
- Conducts, participates or assists in emergency drills for all areas of campus that may include fire, missing persons, disaster and general emergency preparedness.
- Observes activity and traffic on campus to enforce all traffic rules, regulations and safety procedures; alerts residents, staff and visitors of infractions either verbally or in writing; assists with traffic control as needed for events or special circumstances.
- Checks doors and windows of buildings as assigned to ensure they are closed and locked; notes in written log any unlocked doors/windows; submits information to supervisor. Unlocks buildings/doors as assigned and when requested after checking identification and compliance with La Posada policies.
- Monitors and authorizes removal of property from campus by employees, visitors and other persons in accordance with La Posada policies and procedures to guard against theft and to maintain security of premises.
- When requested or assigned, escorts people/property to desired destination when the safety of such is of a concern.
- Calls law enforcement, fire departments or other services in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Inspects and reports on the proper functioning of security systems, fire sprinklers, fire fighting equipment, fire detection devices and other security equipment to ensure proper operational use; reports any suspected problems or malfunctions of these systems or equipment.
- Assists any persons in buildings or on campus needing directions, campus information or vehicle assistance.
- Detains without the use of force, trespassers or law violators on-site until arrival of law enforcement officer.
- Receives and dispatches emergency and general information by means of a two-way radio system and telephone.
- When working in the Service Center: Answers telephones, monitors radio transmissions, emergency warning panels; Responds to communications by taking messages, answering questions, and providing information; dispatches or communicates properly to security patrol force.
- Delivers residents daily newspapers and other items to their door as requested or assigned.
- Perform routine general maintenance services for residents and staff throughout the La Posada.
- Other duties as assigned.
One-year experience in security field; OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education as approved by Human Resources.
- Possession of a current Arizona Type D driver's license upon employment.
- Complete basic first aid, CPR and AED training within six months of starting employment.
If you believe you would be a good fit for this position and you live by the values of integrity, compassion, and respect for seniors and co-workers, then you may be the candidate we’re looking for!
Apply today to start your new adventure!