We are actively looking for two Per Diem Security Guards. This role is suited for individuals who demonstrate compassion, dependability, attention to detail, effective prioritization, value teamwork, and have a genuine affection for seniors. Working hours vary based on department requirements, necessitating a flexible schedule. As a La Posada Security Guard, you will operate in a picturesque environment with access to all the necessary tools and equipment.
Why is La Posada the right place to expand your career?
* Excellent work/life balance
* 401(k) with company match
* Mileage incentive program if you live over 15 miles away
* Beautiful campus with free on-site fitness center
* Scholarship program. Up to $2,500 per year after 1 year of service plus yearly opportunity for additional scholarship awards.
Maintains security and safety of people and property in assigned areas on La Posada campus by patrolling areas on foot or in vehicles and enforcing La Posada rules and regulations. Work involves assessing situations and exercising tact and proper judgment in bringing about a positive resolution. Works under the direct supervision of the Security Supervisor and Lead Security Guard. Incumbents are required to maintain flexible work schedules in order to accommodate weekend or evening shifts.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Patrols assigned buildings, grounds, and parking lots on foot or in vehicles to ensure resident and staff safety and well being, prevention and detection of fire, vandalism, safety/fire hazards, suspicious activity, unusual behavior and items in need of maintenance.
- Responds to alarms, dispatched calls and radio transmissions for both emergency and non-emergency situations; decides what actions to take or assistance to provide based on situation, facts known and position limitations.
- Administers basic first aid, CPR or AED as first responder in an emergency situation based on training, facts known and position limitations until medical or other emergency personnel arrive.
- Investigates and reports on hazards, property damage, unusual or suspicious circumstances or incidents, safety and health issues, and other matters as assigned or advised. Resulting initial reports may be verbal in nature and then when appropriate, followed up in writing on the designated form(s). These reports are to be timely, accurate, complete and comprehensible. They are to be forwarded to the proper persons following established protocol for dissemination of information for notification, direction, and correction or follow-up actions.
- Accurately completes log entries of activities and actions during shift.
- Conducts, participates or assists in emergency drills for all areas of campus that may include fire, missing persons, disaster and general emergency preparedness.
- Observes activity and traffic on campus to enforce all traffic rules, regulations and safety procedures; alerts residents, staff and visitors of infractions either verbally or in writing; assists with traffic control as needed for events or special circumstances.
- Checks doors and windows of buildings as assigned to ensure they are closed and locked; notes in written log any unlocked doors/windows; submits information to supervisor. Unlocks buildings/doors as assigned and when requested after checking identification and compliance with La Posada policies.
- Monitors and authorizes removal of property from campus by employees, visitors and other persons in accordance with La Posada policies and procedures to guard against theft and to maintain security of premises.
- When requested or assigned, escorts people/property to desired destination when the safety of such is of a concern.
- Calls law enforcement, fire departments or other services in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Inspects and reports on the proper functioning of security systems, fire sprinklers, fire fighting equipment, fire detection devices and other security equipment to ensure proper operational use; reports any suspected problems or malfunctions of these systems or equipment.
- Assists any persons in buildings or on campus needing directions, campus information or vehicle assistance.
- Detains without the use of force, trespassers or law violators on-site until arrival of law enforcement officer.
- Receives and dispatches emergency and general information by means of a two-way radio system and telephone.
- When working in the Service Center: Answers telephones, monitors radio transmissions, emergency warning panels; Responds to communications by taking messages, answering questions, and providing information; dispatches or communicates properly to security patrol force.
- Delivers residents daily newspapers and other items to their door as requested or assigned.
- Perform routine general maintenance services for residents and staff throughout the La Posada.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of basic security and fire inspection procedures.
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective security operations for the protection of people, property, and institutions.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of office telephone etiquette.
- Skill in observing situations and decision making.
- Skill in dealing courteously with public.
- Skill in typing/word processing and use of personal computers/software.
- Skill in preparing reports.
- Skill in reading, spelling and simple arithmetic.
- Skill in basic recordkeeping.
- Skill in the operation of a variety of office machines including, personal computers, telephones and copiers.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
One year experience in security field; OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education as approved by Human Resources.
- Possession of a current Arizona Type D driver's license upon employment.
- Complete basic first aid, CPR and AED training within six months of starting employment.
* We strongly value diversity and believe in fostering an inclusive work environment where everyone feels respected, valued, and supported. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds and cultures to join our team. We embrace the unique perspectives and experiences that each person brings, as it enhances our creativity, teamwork, and overall success. *