32 hours per week
The Sales Assistant will work directly under the supervision of the Vensel Treasure Shoppe Manager coordinating and assisting with the store's operations, sales activities and other functions. These can include coordinating consignment furniture sales, stocking and staging, merchandising, sales and product training, store maintenance and volunteer opportunities. Responsibilities include maintaining accurate consignment records in the computer system and assisting with the pricing incoming consignment items based on knowledge and research. Delivering exceptional customer service and guiding others to do the same is a key responsibility.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Trains and develops staff and volunteer sales associates, cashiers and warehouse staff in established policies, procedures and practices for duties in their designated areas.
- Answer questions, provide and resolve issues for customers and staff regarding merchandise for sale.
- Participate in team building with staff and volunteers to promote a high level of satisfaction.
- May oversee and participate in off-site estate sales as needed.
- Can serve as the Shoppe supervisor when the Manager is not present.
- May coordinate or perform minor maintenance work on furniture or accessories to prepare items for sale.
- Coordinate and participate in moving inventory from the stockroom or storage to the showroom floor to ensure showroom floor is well stocked.
- Works collaboratively with staff and volunteers to stage furniture and accessories on showroom floor.
- Participates in the inventory and tracking of furniture and accessories to ensure an orderly and smooth flow.
- Perform all tasks in Consign Pro to enter consignments, produce price tickets, monitor sales and reconcile data to track sales performance and produce summary and trend reports.
- Coach and roll model excellent customer service for both internal and external customer service.
- Marks or tickets merchandise and assist with markdowns.
- Learn the market for consignment furnishing and accessories to be able to determine appropriate pricing and what merchandise is appropriate to accept for the Shoppe.
- Solve customer and staff issues and problems arising operations and scheduling matters.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Job Knowledge - Requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others.
- Use of Technology - Troubleshoots technological problems; uses technology to increase productivity.
- Design - Generates creative solutions; uses feedback to modify designs; demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; works well in group problem solving situations.
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Communications - Exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed.
- Cooperation - Establishes and maintains effective relations; exhibits tact and consideration.
- Managing Customer Focus - Provides training in customer service delivery; monitors customer satisfaction.
- Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Teamwork - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Sales Skills - Maintains customer satisfaction; maintains records and promptly submits information.
- Dependability - Takes responsibility for own actions; completes tasks on time or notifies
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Experience: One to two years related experience and/or training in merchandising or staging or retail/consignment sales or equivalent combination of education and experience as determined by Human Resources.
Computer Skills: Knowledge and ability of basic computer operations and programs such as data entry, spreadsheets, emails and calendars.